It’s Wednesday and I’m here to chat all about my current works in progress. It’s not much. I am continuing to not knit very much, but I have plenty of other crafty projects to talk about. As always, I hope you are still all staying safe. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope it brings you some joy during the work week. Definitely check out my YouTube channel to see any projects “in person.”
For Ravelry users: There are links throughout this post that link to Ravelry. If you are experiencing issues with the new Ravelry design, you may not want to click on those links. You can also see pictures on my instagram account, youtube channel or feel free to go to the contact form and send me a note if you have any questions.
Total: 4 WIPs (1 active)
Knitting: 2 projects -1 pair of socks and 1 blanket
Crochet: 1 project – 1 blanket
Spinning: 1 project
Finished: 0 projects
2020 Total Finished: 22
Gingerbread House Socks
Pattern: Vanilla Socks
Yarn: Gynx Yarns | Power Sock | Gingerbread House
Needles: Size 0 – Flexi Flips!
Cast on: 9/5/2020
Cast off goal: none
This is the same picture as last week. I am actually working my way up the leg of the sock. It’s been my go to knitting while dyeing project, which seems to be the only knitting that I’m working on these days. It’s a self striping vanilla sock. What more can I say? The heel is also in the contrasting mauve color and it’s a fish lips kiss heel. I knit the foot of my socks with 52 stitches and so I do increase the foot out to 56 stitches about an inch before the heel. I keep it at that stitch count until about an inch after the heel and then bring it back down to 52 stitches. The exciting thing is that I actually remembered to do these things.
I’m knitting these on flexi flips and it’s the first time I’m knitting with them. I have things to say about it, but I’ll do a review post when I finish both socks.
1. Preemie hat – I’ve mostly finished a preemie hat, which I will include in a charity knitting recap coming soon!
2. Spark sweater – I haven’t wanted to cast this on and so I haven’t.
2. Spinning – I’m almost done with my first braid, but I have not been spinning. I will do a longer post once that is finished.
3. Northeasterly – I have not worked on this as I need to pick out more colors. I’m really bad at working on projects if they are not ready to go.
4. I’m separating out this part of the “Other” list because it’s a bit more in depth. I mentioned at the top of this post that I’m not really knitting, but I am enjoying other crafty things. I’ve been putting myself down for not wanting to knit and I think that’s wrong. I’m just finding the creativity elsewhere. I’m really enjoying spending time dyeing up new yarn and colorways. I’m also enjoying sharing that in my YouTube videos. Creating vlog content has been a crazy adventure and I’m really enjoying it. I think that’s fair to say that even if I’m not knitting, I’m still creating and that deserves a shout out here on the blog.
1. Neat Ripple – This is on hold until I finish up the charity items with the colors that I have used so far.
We’ll be hitting #sweaterweather soon and that means so much fall knitting. If you haven’t already, check out the Pigskin Party hosted by BostonJen of the Down Cellar Studio podcast. It launches September 25th-ish and I’m a sponsor. During the launch weekend, I’ll be hosting a virtual kick off event on Saturday, September 25th at 2pm ET. I will be doing a live dye with me where you get to help dye up the exclusive colorway. If you are looking for a fun way to connect with other knitters this fall and winter, you should definitely check it out!
The shop is feeling like fall. If you missed the latest video about shop news, go check it out. A lot of behind the scenes changes and so many new colors. Summer colors are still discounted at 25% off.
I launched a new Dye with Me Fade Series. You can participate on YouTube by checking out the series. I’ve already published all skeins, so go check it out! You still have until about Sunday to enter for prizes by commenting on the video there.
October mystery yarn clubs are now available until October 15th. Grab them now! Use FALLFEELS for 15% off through September 19th on one month and three month club purchases.
Check out the shop here. There are some great kits for shawls and socks along with good pairings for sweaters. Let me know if you need help with some color selections.
Check out the last installment of the Dye with Me series. You still have a chance to enter to win the set!