As always, I hope you are still all staying safe and happy. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope it brings you some joy during this tumultuous time. Definitely check out my YouTube channel to see any projects “in person.”
For Ravelry users: There are links throughout this post that link to Ravelry. If you are experiencing issues with the new Ravelry design, you may not want to click on those links. You can also see pictures on my instagram account, youtube channel or feel free to go to the contact form and send me a note if you have any questions.
I’ve been pretty monogamous, so this will be short!
Total: 6 WIPs (2 active)
Knitting: 4 projects -1 sweater, 2 shawls, 1 pair of socks and 1 blanket
Crochet: 1 project – 1 blanket
Spinning: 1 project
Finished: 1 project
2020 Total Finished: 16
Drachenfels Shawl – DONE!
Pattern: Drachenfels / Melanie Berg
Yarn: Suburban Stitcher / Single Sock / Darkest Hour, Clementine and Sweet Adeline
Needles: Size 4 Needles
Cast on: 3/18/2020
Cast off date: 7/6/2020
I finished it! It really is bittersweet though. This has been an amazing just grab and work on when you want to knit but there’s nothing you want to work on. Since I’ve finished it, I’ve certainly gone looking for it, only to remember it is finished. Instead, I did pick up a pair of vanilla socks that I cast on during my recent cast on party. I really do love how I have had projects ready to go. I love how the colors turned out and I know I’m going to live in this thing. Look for an upcoming highlight post about this project soon!
1. I’ve mostly spent all of my time on a test knit, which I plan to talk about once the pattern is released. I’m using my newest gradient, Mountain Springs Lake.
2. Spinning – I did spin! I’m hoping to finish the first half of the braid this weekend.
3. Northeasterly – I didn’t work on this recently
4. Altheda sweater – I haven’t worked on this. I’m really focused on the test knit and so this is on hold for another few days.
5. Magnolia Socks – I still haven’t cast on sock #2, but that’s ok because I have no plans to 🙂
1. Neat Ripple – This is on hold until I finish up the charity items with the colors that I have used so far.
I want to finish up the test knit in the next few days and then grab my Altheda sweater. The goal will be to finish the yoke of that soon so it can become my next mindless project while I work on the body. I may do the sleeves first, like I did for my Earnest cardigan.
After that yoke is done, I may have another cast on party. We’ll see!
August yarn of the month clubs are now live! I also released some one of a kind skeins on my BFL sock base for all of those sock knitters out there! Come dye the skeins with me on my YouTube Channel!
I’ll be starting a dye with me series soon, so make sure you subscribe to my channel so you don’t miss out.
Check out the shop here. There are some great kits for shawls and socks along with good pairings for sweaters. Let me know if you need help with some color selections.